Knees up in Croyden


Advertisement
Published: June 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

DrunkardsDrunkardsDrunkards

Bolton, Irish, Me, Delphine and Desperate Dan
Last night was quite an experience:

Beer after beer after beer was sunk as we laughed and chatted to the very local, (and very weird), locals from the pub we were staying in. By the end of the night the girls of the group had headed off to bed, much to the annoyance of the Landlord - Brent - who was pretty hammered and offered me and George a free case of beer, free t-shirts and free drinks all night if we woke the lovely French girl up and brought her down. How could we resist? Within 2 mins we were drunkenly banging on Delphine's dorm room and dragging her downstairs. I'm not sure if the reason for this rude awakening translated very well, and the poor girl looked rather confused, but never the less, we ended up with the promised beer, t-shirt and free drinks, so who cares.

By this time, Landlord Brent was nearly legless and had promised that as soon as the local copper left the bar, he'd take me and the guys out shooting possums! - I couldn't belive my luck! Possums are pests around here so I didn't have much problem with the thought
Brent and GeorgeBrent and GeorgeBrent and George

George is sporting the TShirt that me and him won for waking Delphine up and getting her back to the bar!
of blasting a few to Kingdom Come so we hung around as long as possible, not wanting to push our luck, but not wanting to miss out either, but by last orders, Brent could bearly stand so we gave up on the idea of playing Cowboys that night and The Dutch Lad - Niles -, Delphine and me went back to Bucky's place for a party. Luckily Bucky, (who oddly had a striking resemblance to Desperate Dan), let some local Cowgirl drive, cause otherwise we might not have survived his drunken swerving. Unsurprisingly, Bucky didn't last long. After one Bunderberg and Coke, followed by a drunken dance he promptly fell asleep in a chair, dribbling down his shirt, and no amount of chair-kicking could wake him.

We finished the night by raiding Bucky's hat supply and dancing till our little country music legs could dance no more. Brilliant Night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Hat Party at BuckysHat Party at Buckys
Hat Party at Buckys

Me, Niles, Cowgirl and Bucky (Desperate Dan)
Hat Party at BuckysHat Party at Buckys
Hat Party at Buckys

Me, Niles, Cowgirl and Bucky (Desperate Dan)
Hat Party at BuckysHat Party at Buckys
Hat Party at Buckys

Me, Niles, Cowgirl and Bucky (Desperate Dan)
Stunning gorge that we swam and canoed inStunning gorge that we swam and canoed in
Stunning gorge that we swam and canoed in

I\\\\\\\'ve forgotten the name!
A yellow bird...A yellow bird...
A yellow bird...

...dont ask what type, i dont know
A green bird...A green bird...
A green bird...

...again dont ask what type, i dont know


Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb