Day 12


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
December 11th 2015
Published: December 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 12
So today I slept until after 6 woohoo!
Mum skyped me for a bit before the hubs woke up he then said hello too! Dad was down the boozer for his friends 75th bday!
Hour or so later he got home so we had a quick Skype too!!
We then had a wander around town and found a cafe for breakfast! You can literally have whatever you like whatever the time of day here! I had a turkey and cranberry toasted sarni and hubs had a fry up! Shocker haha!
After brekkie we had another walk around town to the few bits we'd not seen then went back to the hotel as we decided we wanted to swim in the sea - cos we found where the net is yay!! We spent an hour or 2 at the beach in the sea and sat in the sand - just lovely! At about 2 we decided it was lunch time so we went to fill our tummies!
On the way back to the hotel we stopped to have a look in then opal shop - now I know you think you know where this is going.... We went in and I persuaded him to buy me some jewellery... Well you're wrong! He saw a sign under the opals that said "ship your didgeridoo anywhere in the world - for free" so in he went to have a look! And, we are now the proud owners of an authentic termite eaten (did you know that's how they're made? Me either!) tuned by a man with a stick, eucalyptus didgeridoo! Haha!
We have also requested it be customised with our own story by the aboriginal artist that works alongside the shop! We also went for a lesson on how to play it, so funny and so much fun! Andy was having trouble with it so they told him to think he was 'motor boating' we all just roared with laughter as I had said the same thing to him whilst at our hotel before the lesson!! After our lesson we took our picture with our currently naked didgeridoo. Did you know that didgeridoo means eaten by ants - as the termites eat the inside of the hard wood! And the aboridganies call them a Yidake! Fascinating!
Now sitting by the lagoon before we head to dinner at the village cafe where they serve dinner raw with a volcanic rock so it sizzles at the table! 😊
Absolutely amazing such fun cooking our own dinner on a mega hot rock at the table!
Now back at the hotel chilling out - mainly because I got a bit damp when Andy knocked my fizzy pop drink all over me!
Need an early night anyway as we are off to Hamilton island tomorrow!
Nunite
Love Mrs R jnr (teehee) xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.576s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.4869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb