Day 11


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
December 10th 2015
Published: December 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 11
Left hotel about 8, no brekkie included so decided to get some on route to Airlie beach!
Stopped in a town Called Ayr! Had a very nice omelette and hubs had a big brekkie piggy! Then 2 locals came in, I think they may have been the local crazies! On account of the lady having 8 hair clips in her hair, you know the real glitzy/big flower kind and that was just the side of her head I could see! (heard the girl behind the counter say hello you're in very early today!) they sat across from us and kept looking at us! Clearly we were sat in their seats!! We finished our brekkie and left - before we were out the door they were sat in our seats lol! Gotta love the Aussie Crazies!
We carried on our merry way to Airlie beach - it's lovely! But Mission beach is still my fave so far!
We check in to the hotel to be told we can only shower with the door shut (not that this is a problem, it's probably fairly normal?!) but we HAVE to because if not the steam makes the fire alarm go off - and if we do that they charge us £1200!!!! No, really they do!!
So we did a bit of unpacking, sort of, and went for some lunch! We then went for a walk around the little town, it's more Newquay whereas Mission Beach is more MIB! I spent the huge sum of $0.80c on a postcard! (Steady on!) but could have spent more if mr Moneypenny wasn't there (teehee!) we decided it was quite hot (32^) and we'd had enough walking about, so we decided the pool was the best option as we can't swim the sea here - they have no net - boo! Swimming and lazing with a book was lovely! About 6 ish we went back to the room to use said dodgy bathroom (with success!) hooray! Then out for dinner at 7 at the Hogs breath cafe! I know it sounds terrible but was actually fab! We had the Tower for 2 so steak, chicken ribs and bacon - Nom nom!
Nothing particularly exciting today 😊
Much love
Xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb