AVATAR II


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
September 2nd 2006
Published: September 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Me...Me...Me...

...at Whitehaven Beach
Avatar. Apparently it means 'perfect form'. To me it's just a beautiful boat. More specifically a racing trimaran yacht on which I just spent 3 exhilirating days cruising the whitsunday islands. The skipper claimed to have had it up to 35 knots. We made about 18 knots, which still felt pretty bloody quick!!!

The first day was lovely and sunny and hot. We went to Whitehaven beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Almost completely pure white silica sand and sparkling green waters make it absolutely stunning.

The next day was raining and windy. This just made the sailing all the more exciting. A few of us just sat for ages on the pontoons which would rise and fall quite dramatically, showering us with spray. Loved it!! Did a bit of snorkelling too. The coral was pretty impressive, and there were lots of colourful fishes, including some big'uns.

Last day was still grey and a little wet, but the wind completely died away in the afternoon, so our speed dropped dramatically. Never mind.

All in all a great time. Coming up next, in a few days, Fraser Island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Avatar II...Avatar II...
Avatar II...

...helluva boat
More...More...
More...

...of Whitehaven Beach
The crew...The crew...
The crew...

...who looked after us so well!!!


5th September 2006

important for Fraser Island
Dude - take some RID - and cover the backs of your legs in it - as Fraser island has some NASTY flying BITING things - sand flies, etc... they are Buggers!

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb