Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
February 18th 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

18.2.2012 Airlie Beach

Arrived in Airlie Beach at 7.00, feeling rough and ragged after spending the whole night on an overnight bus. It was not a pleasant journey as we were seated next to the toilet, so when anyone went to spend a penny we were awoken by the awful stench which wafted through the door. It got better, half way through the night the toilet broke, not sure what happened but the smell was horrific and we were stuck with it all the way to Airle Beach.

We checked into our accommodation, Beaches, which was ok (being generous) but we had to stay there as it was cheaper with the package we bought for sailing the Whitsundays. We paid for a double but there was none left so they gave us an 8 bedded dorm to ouselves. The other beds were jst going to go to waste so we let our friends (Adam and Ryan- from 1770) stay with us for 2 nights until we got moved into a double room. It was a fatal mistake... some hours later after spending the afternoon in the very nice lagoon, the boys to say thank you bought 4 bottles of Passion Pop. We polished them of along with a bag of 4 litre goon before we even made it out.

We had lots of fun with the boys, playing 'cork in the ass' as you can guess firing the passion pop corks into each others behind. Luckily I wasn't made to play. The boys also introduced us to some new games, Hunter, Hooker, Bear (same as rock, paper, scissors - but with actions), a 1, a 2, a 1234 - to finish your drink off. We also made a register and stuck it to the back of the door for our return, to make sure everyone came home. We then went to the bar under our hostel and can not remember the rest.....

19.2.2012

What a night. The register was complete, Ryan and Adam both having +1's next to their name 😉 😉. The room looked like a bomb site, matress' on the balcony, clothes strewn everywhere, don't need to say much more. We were all extrememly rough. We woke up to have some penut butter sandwiches then went back to sleep. Waking up at 2pm, Ryan did the deed of going to the shop and making us crisps sandwiches which sorted us out. We headed down to the lagoon for a few hours, which was heaven, as it was so hot and humid. You can not swim in the sea at Airlie Beach due to the jellyfish, which can kill you. We topped the day off by treating ourselves to Dominoes pizza, mmm. S x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb