whitsunday islands


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
December 6th 2011
Published: December 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So got myself up to Airlie beach via Hamilton island on the whitsundays, to be met by rain, well tropical warm rain, however not good for sailing trip. Still it was perfect so that i could catch up on admin and downloading pics etc.

Two days later the sun shone just as i headed out on the Powerplay catamaran for the 2 days sailing around the whitsunday islands. The crowd onboard were fun and the nice too. The sailing experience was nice all in all and Whithaven beach did live up to its world class beach status. The weather luckily was perfect for sailing and sunbathing, so no complaints there. Made some lovely new friends onboard and had a great time. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the dolphins swim around the boat at night. It was magical. However, if you were going on this trip for snorkelling expereince i would definitely suggest to head further up to Cairns and do a trip on the reat barrier reef, as the snorkelling for me here around the whitsundays was not that great, perhaps its cause i've been to many other better reefs around the world than this particulary spot. Even those who did diving on this trip were not that amazed. To be honest, i think that the rain we had the two previous days might have affected the clarity of the water but for me it was ok, i was not there for that only.

Having got back to the mainland, i enjoyed an afternoon at the lagoon on airlie beach followed by a good night out with some of my new friends and this was a good night! Next day was the 12hrs bus journey down to Hervey Bay before hitting Fraser Island for the Cool Dingo tour! Was sad to have to leave the gang behind i had met, but i knew new experiences and people awaited me on Fraser!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb