Conway Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
November 12th 2011
Published: November 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 12 Nov
Today we went to Conway Beach (just out of Airlie Beach) with Paulette and Barry (neighbours at Airlie Cove caravan park) to have a look at a vintage car show. Some great old vintage cars on show - the day was quite hot though - the car show was held at the caravan park and is a very nice park with some interesting paint colours used around the park - all the different colours give the park a very happy feel to it. The different coloured doors are in the ladies toilet but the whole park is painted in these different colours including all the park cabins.
In the evening we all went into Airlie Beach town to have a meal and caught the bus in - it has been quite a while since we have caught a public bus and it was easy and cheap especially with our seniors cards.
Had my second bus road today (Monday) - had to take the car in for a service so caught the bus home and will catch the bus back to pick up the car - it is very easy to get around Airlie Beach and Cannonvale (though it is quite busy through the main street of Airlie). About 50% of the traffic around the town site are tourists - at this time of the year mostly from overseas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb