Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
February 8th 2011
Published: February 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Airlie Beach was different to the other area's in Queensland it was actually very busy due to the entry point to the Whitsunday Islands. Unfortunately I wasn't able to visit due to two cyclones hitting the east coast. The first one hit a catergory 2 and knocked out the power for about 16 hours and it rained all day, so basically did nothing, not even going the beach. The power went out as the Murray match started so missed him lose again. I decided to leave as the Whitsundays wasn't going to be opened for another 5 or 6 days with a catergory 5 cyclone hitting the coast, so jumped on the next bus out. A lot of people were actually being evacuated for safety. So I have missed out on one of the highlights of my trips and will have to come all the back to visit another time.

Airlie Beach in it's self is very small and just a road really. There is a beach,but due to the time of the year you can't swim in the sea and they have a big lagoon like Cairns to chill out in. Other than that it is a drinking town, with lots of offers on at the bars to get you very drunk.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb