Whitsunday sailing!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
October 20th 2005
Published: October 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

well after a relaxing day on Fraser island it was back on the bus and up to airlie beach where we were to board a sailing yacht for a 3 day cruise of the whitsundays!
Day 1 we settleed into our quaters, confined but comfortable and set sade to turtle bay. That evening we had a super meal followed by a few drinks with a few games thrown in. All in all there was about 15 or so passengers on a large vessed called the apollo - originally a racing yacht.
The moon was full and lit up the awesome surrounding scenary, creating a silhouette of the mountains and the rainforrest.
Slept well to wake up (day2) to a hearty breakfast and some serious sailing. Rob n I chose to Crank the main sail - which was no easy task as the boat tipped to a 45 degree angle once the wind took hold while your cranking! We sighted turtles and dolphins on our way to a small secluded beach with sand whiter than snow. A spot of beach tennis and then off again to a reef where we snorkelled wearing stinger suits due to the abundance of killer jellyfish! Sounds scarey but it wasnt that bad! Another night on board telling storys and bad jokes, accompanied by the odd deep meaningful conversation! (Dozing under another bright full moon).
Day 3 took us to a bush walk to some aboriginal cave paintings 1000s of years old and some great pic oppurtunitys. Also sighted our first sharks in the shallow water - only juvenilles though but great to see them hunting.
We returned to Long island, and i can only des



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

stinger suit snorkellingstinger suit snorkelling
stinger suit snorkelling

Captain Kirk and Spock!
bush walkbush walk
bush walk

Apollo in the background
Land Ahoy! Land Ahoy!
Land Ahoy!

Long island
Turtle in turtle bayTurtle in turtle bay
Turtle in turtle bay

How appropriate
ParadiseParadise
Paradise

long island beach


20th October 2005

Picture Postcards
Nice pictures...or did you just raid the local postcard shop? Like the bunks picture. Do you get one of those each? or did you have to share? Some more nice poses boys !!! Think you should both audition for the next re-make of zoolander

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb