Sailing the Whitsundays


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
June 24th 2007
Published: June 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post


More like sailing the WETsundays!

Again we were not lucky with the weather but we still had a fantastic time! Quite a lot of the goups who did Fraser Island continued up to Airlie beach to do the sailing trip. It wasnt really a sailing trip, more like a boat party!
Had loads of fun, i know that sailers like their alcohol so there were loads of drinks on board, the irish turned up in funny hats and the the entire trip was very entertaining!

Had to borrow the host jacket nearly blinding a few people!

The first day we sailed over to the Island where we would be staying, form a distance it just looked like rainforrest but as we neared it became like a resort. We were showed to our rooms then met in the bar for steak dinner and games.
The next day up at 7 with bacon and eggs for a full day sailing, the weather was still horrible so unfortuneately the scenerey didnt look that spectacular! We still got off at white haven beach and walked along the sand while some people snorkelled around the reef. We were all dancing on top of the deck and having good craic before heading back to the island, The next day similar activities on the way back to Airlie beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb