Aimless in Airle


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
February 21st 2007
Published: February 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Airlie beach is a pretty small place to spend four days (we had to wait before going on a boat trip)... especially when it rains a lot of the time... and your 10 person dorm smells of mouse pee (which happens to be all over your clothes), Irish boys' farts and damp. Nevertheless, we made the best of it. We sampled the delicacy that is Bundy Rum and coke (which was on tap- weird!!!). It didn't entirely agree with Rosie so one of her nights was cut somewhat short as she retired to add her personal touch to the odours in the dorm, leaving Becky to venture out with our new German friend and 'Becky Hazel' (the likeness in every way was remarkable). We had one wild night with a crazy Canadian womanizer (who ended the night crying on our shoulders over a girl...) during which we picked up an Arnie lookalike who was a fiend on the dance floor. This made for many a four way dance-off. Good times.

Finally, the time came for us to wave good bye to Airlie as we set sail for the Whitsundays for three days aboard our catamaran Wings. Rosie's seasickness was miraculously cured by seasickness tablets (Who would have thought!?) and as many accupressure bracelets as she could fit on her person. Had the best time ever. Sailing, snorkelling, diving, eating, and visiting the 'world's best beach', Whitehaven. Saw beautiful fish, ate amazing food and had a great laugh. All too soon, it was time to rather shakily hit dry land and head for Hervey Bay en route to Fraser Island...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb