Having a great time on the backpacker circuit...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
July 14th 2005
Published: July 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!

Just a quick update as we're waiting for a bus to collect us for our 2 day sailing trip to the Whitsunday Islands.

Last time I wrote we were in Canberra; from there we flew to Cairns to begin our 2 1/2 week trip down the Queensland coast to Brisbane. We didn't spend much time in Cairns, we used it as a base to visit Cape Tribulation (a gorgeous area of beach and rainforest about 3 hours north of Cairns) and to visit the Great Barrier Reef. We spent a day on the reef last Friday - it was AMAZING! We snorkelled with all sorts of sea creatures, including a couple of sea turtles and a sea cucumber. The sun was out and the ocean was warm, it was bliss!

After Cairns we travelled south to Townsville and headed out to Magnetic Island, a lovely tropical island about 8km offshore. On Magnetic Island we chilled out, lazed on the beach and spent yet more time snorkelling on the reef. We also saw koalas in the wild - they are just as cute as in the zoo!

We travelled to Airlie Beach yesterday and today we're off for a 2 day sailing cruise in the Whitsundays, where we will do yet more snorkelling and swimming :-) It's a hard life!!

love Jo and Graeme x

PS Sorry for the lack of photos, I can't connect my usb card reader in this internet cafe - I'll try and upload some when we get back from the Whitsundays.

Advertisement



5th August 2005

Differentiation
As with Graeme/Koala, we definitely know which was the sea cucumber!

Tot: 0.343s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 73; dbt: 0.3008s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb