Wonderful Coral Beach & Shute Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
January 8th 2018
Published: January 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Coral beach

So Majestic Definitely reccomend

Hello Again,

So yesterday afternoon after my previous blog i decided to jump on a bus and head over to Shute harbour which is about a 20 minute bus journey from the main street in Airlie Beach and costs $2.80. FYI you can return on that ticket too if its within two hours of the ticket being issued.

Arrived at Shute Harbour Ferry port which looks a bit worse for ware after Cyclone Debbie nearly a year ago. The main building is cornered off with fencing and only one jetty seems to be operational. Apparently the Cyclone hit Shute Harbour directly with wind speeds of 200 kmhh for over 18 hours. You can still see the destruction it caused. A motel you pass on the bus is still flattened and cornered off and the jetty at Shute is up on the beach with quite a few damaged boats.

That being said it seems to be returning from to its former glory slowly but surely, the trees all look healthy and the views are still spectacular.

I heard from a friend there is an awesome beach there called Coral beach but its a bit of a walk, so that's where i headed. You have to walk all the way up the hill from the ferry terminal until you come to the nature walk located on the left at the top of the hill by Harbour Avenue. Then there is a 15 minute bush walk down to the beach. Boy was it worth it. Make sure you bring a small esky as the walk will make you thirsty!

Coral beach is amazing and as its name would suggest its made entirely up of coral, i spent an hour walking up and down the beach finding beautiful shells. The water is crystal turquoise colours and you cant see any buildings as the surrounding wooodland is national park. Absolutely Majestic, i definitely recommend it.

After a few hours on the beach and a little dip (although i was scared as didnt have a stinger suit and there a lots this time of year apparently) i decided to head home, cooked up supper and headed for bed😊

Until the next time

Bon Voyage

JP


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb