Part II - Queensland - Bundaberg, Agnus Water, 1770,


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Agnes Water
October 5th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bundaberg Ginger Beer FactoryBundaberg Ginger Beer FactoryBundaberg Ginger Beer Factory

and Lemon-Lime, Sassperilla, and other fizzy drinks
AUSSIE ADVENTURE - PART II

Agnus Water and 1770 Getaway Resort

Arrived in Brisbane at 7:30 am - a quick hour and a half flight from Sydney. We rented our van and headed north. It was a long drive but we broke it up with a lunch stop and a visit to Bundaberg. We opted to not take the rum tasting tour as we were anxious to get to Agnus Water in time have a swim at the beach. We did take time to visit the Bundaberg Ginger Beer Barrel and have a quick self guided tour. Had a tasting of ginger beer, peach ale, lemon ale, lemon lime ale, sassperilla, ginger beer. We left with a sample pack and headed towards our destination. This self guided tour was really good and had a very funny hologram type film. It was well worth the stop.
Arrived at the 1770 Resort at about 3:30pm, unloaded our many bags, threw on our swim suits and headed for the beach. It was one of the most beautiful beaches on the trip. The boys went on ahead of me and Syd and later we heard that they encountered three huge lizards (Graham tells me they are called Guanas) on the path. Fortunately for me and Syd, we got to hear about them before we actually saw them. On the way back from the beach we did see them but as soon as they saw us, they scurried up the tree.
That night we had a lovely dinner on our porch and spent the evening recounting funny family stories.
Up early (again) the next morning to head to Lady Musgrave Island - the lower tip of the Great Barrier Reef. That trip deserves an entire entry to itself. It was an amazing trip.
On Tues we opted to stick around for awhile Angus Water and enjoy the beach and enroll everyone (but me) in surfing lessons. I got pictures of all of them standing up! They all had a blast! Unfortunately, it became another long afternoon and evening in the car as the next stop was Beerwah and the Australia Zoo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Agnus WaterAgnus Water
Agnus Water

Private Beach a 10 minute from our resort
Giant LizardGiant Lizard
Giant Lizard

on beach walk....
1770 Getaway Resort1770 Getaway Resort
1770 Getaway Resort

Our own little hut!
The Boys doing DishesThe Boys doing Dishes
The Boys doing Dishes

Yes, we finally got them to do some kitchen work!
Art On the BeachArt On the Beach
Art On the Beach

Graham's sketch of the Sydney Opera House


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb