Douglas Hot Springs (Sunday 15th June - Monday 16th June)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
June 16th 2008
Published: July 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We set off from Kununurra expecting to drive approximately 350kms to the Victoria River, our plan being to spend a couple of nights and do a bit of fishing. Only problem was that we couldn’t find anywhere to camp. So an on the spot decision was made and we decided to continue on and on and on. We crossed the WA/NT border and continued on to Katherine stopping for a quick dinner eating pizza off the bonnet and then continued on with our mission to get to Douglas Hot Springs. We arrived at about 8:30 that night after travelling some 750km and loosing 1.5 hours of our day at the border crossing. Of the whole trip this was our only crazy night time driving and set up expedition. However we were back in the familiar territory of the NT and at one our old favourite camping locations. What a surreal feeling being back in the NT. Our WA adventures had come to an end.

Our long day was rewarded with a morning relaxing on the sandy river bed in the hot water. This spring is so hot that upstream the water is boiling (literally) and downstream it takes a while to get in and adjust - a very natural hot spa. We also added to the experience with a natural clay body scrub courtesy of the Douglas Daly.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb