sounds of silence


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
August 21st 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

last night just before sunset we got picked up from our hotel to go on what was called the 'sounds of silence' dinner. there was probably 50 or 60 people went to this.

we drove out to the bush, no houses nothing. after a very bumpy ride as we weren't even on a proper road we pulled over where this guy was standing, he was the host and led us up to an area where this guy (hunk) was playing the didgeridoo then waiters served us champagne and canapes. the guy told us about the hisory of the didgeridoo and some stories. the canapes were kangaroo and crocodile. loves the croc ones, bit like chicken but more chewy.
then as the sun was setting we walked down the hill where there were several tables laid out with white tablecloths wine glasses etc. and a big campfire. we sat sown to dinner as the sun set. we had more croc, kangaroo, it was all so yum.
after the main course they put out all the candles so it was pretty dark and an astronomer guided us through all the constellations and the zodiac signs. really well done. then he had telescopes set up where you could have a closer look. it was great you could see so much.
pudding came next, far too much but i managed it.

it was a wonderful evening. a definite recommendation if you're out this way.

so we're leaveing Ayers rock this morning.
next entry from Perth.
Sx




Advertisement



2nd September 2008

hi from the red centre
hi this is from hunk the didgeridoo player thanks for your comments im going red hug dwain
5th September 2008

hey hunk
Hi Dwain, lovely to hear from u. we loved your talk at the dinner. Sx

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb