Uluru


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
November 30th 1999
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The desert SunriseThe desert SunriseThe desert Sunrise

amazing colors after all
Although it rained again during the night, a climps of hope was at the horizon when i opened the dorm room door in the morning, and saw a break in the clouds... a sunrise afterall . And so i walked up the lookout not far from the lodge, had my mug of coffee in one hand, and the camera in the other and enjoyed the tranqulity of the morning and the beauty of the desert landscape with Uluru in front and the Olga's to my left. Not a bad way to start the morning. Since most people probably got up to join a tour, i was actually the only person on this little lookout and so although Uluru and Kata Tjuta were a bit more distant ( about 20 km to be exact), the sight was nevertheless amazing!

after such a fantastic start, the spirits high, i packed my bag once again to get on a morning flight back to the coast and the ocean of southern Australia. Talk about contrast.... after a couple of hours of flying i arrived in Adelaide around 2 pm, took a shuttle into the city and checked into the YHA, my home for
Uluru in the far distance
Uluru in the far distance
the next couple of days.

Adelaide is currently hosting the World Games of Police and Firemen, and so the city is bustling with athletes from all over the world. Quite fun actually to see them all with their badges and little backpacks walking around the city.
Since I have a few days here, I took it nice and easy, just went for a walk to get oriented, got some groceries, cooked dinner, read my book, browesed through some travel magazines and joined in game of bingo at the hostel in the evening. Oh the life of the traveller.... it is Great with a capital G.

Cheers Mates, carpe diem SL

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb