Trip to Tennant Creek Day 17


Advertisement
Published: August 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got up early and found the entire hotel was at breakfast at 6.30am - mayhem!!!
We met a lovely elderly couple from NSW at breakfast and they told us that they would rather wear out than rust out! I really liked that.
The day was cold but clear and we travelled north stopping at Ti Tree, Barrow Creek & Wycliffe Well Road Houses. We stopped at the Devils Marbles and enjoyed the amazing sights. When we got to Tennant Creek we did a quick tour around the town and went out to see the pebbles - a miniature version of the Devils Marbles. Tennant Creek was interesting it seemed as though it was just one street with lots of Aboriginal people along both sides of the street. There didn’t seem to be anywhere for dinner so we made the decision to eat at our accommodation. I have to say the food was wonderful all lovely and fresh and no hot chips yeah!!!! It was a very long day of driving and we are very tired.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

CattleCattle
Cattle

We had to be very aware of wandering Cattle and Kangaroos as properties were often not fenced.
Solar PowerSolar Power
Solar Power

We saw many of these units, most without the solar panels. We figured that someone must be stealing them.
Devils MarblesDevils Marbles
Devils Marbles

These were really amazing
The PebblesThe Pebbles
The Pebbles

Little Marbles


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb