Tennant Creek Via Daly Waters Pub


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Tennant Creek
October 14th 2007
Published: October 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our long drive day. Breakfast was 700 and we departed 7:45. We had a dress up day today to make it fun. Dally waters is also a vey crazy little pub so dress up lunch was the thing to do. Our theme was P.

First stop was Mataranka Thermal Pools an Elsey Homestead. I did not walk down to the thermals though those that did did not swim as there were lots of flying foxes in the trees and poo in and around the thermal springs.

After that it was about 2.5 hours to Dally Waters Pub. It is a great little place totally random. I dressed up in pjs - comfy bus ride. Some of the other from top of head were pregnant, prisoner, postcard, pillow, pimp, plant, puppy.

Dally waters was full of funny stuff. The fence has "too keep the rabbits out". The parking "angle parking - any ankle mate". There is also Australias most remote traffic light. Dogs last pissing post. A service station like something out of a horror movie - the quiet ones that seem to be the last one they go to before they get murdered.

Inside the pub the quirkiness continues. Bras hang from the ceiling. Things are spelt incorrectly for a laugh. The food surprisingly good. Dally waters is famous for the barramundi although there is water no where near the place.

After that it was onto Tennant Creek where mullets are compulsory and teeth are optional.

Population 4000 dogs 20000

That night we had a buffet dinner and then went to the only pub in town. Locals get very excited.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb