Tennant Creek to Alice Springs Via Devils Marbles and Wycliff Wells


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Alice Springs
October 15th 2007
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we stopped at Wycliff Wells the most famous place in Australia for UFO sightings.

The highlight of today would be stopping at Devil's Marbles. Majority of people found that as impressive or more impressive then Ularu.

The devils marbles are large boulder all stacked on top of each other. They look really cool. It is a sacred site. The Aboriginals believed the Devils Marbles were the Rainbow Serpents eggs. Other people believed they were from a UFO. The rocks scared people in the early days. The place is all flat and dry nothing around and then suddenly the weird shaped rocks appear.

The rocks are fun to look around and explore. If you have a good mind you can also make some entertaining photos. People have photos holding up the rocks on their backs, splitting them/pushing them open, climbing up on them.

When we arrived in Alice Springs we went to Alice pings Desert park and looked at more wildlife and different desert plants and landscapes.

We had drinks at Bowjangles. The pub can be seen online. The security cameras are shown online so you can have your family and friends at home watch you there while you are online. They can also purchase you drinks and do shout outs over the internet.

Its also a fun and quirky place in side. Very misleading but leads to laughs. The toilet door is designed to look like it opens a certain way but it actually opens a different way. It has a key hole to so some people are fooled to go ask for a key from the bar which is given out but of course does nothing. Inside the toilet the toilet lids are clear with barbed wire inside so it looks like its just barbed wire you sit on. Then when you go and wash your hands you turn on the tap and it turns on a tap 2 sinks up.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb