Day 19 - Jabiru to Tennant Creek


Advertisement
Published: July 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Mataranka Hot SpringsMataranka Hot SpringsMataranka Hot Springs

So beautiful you get drawn in by the waters and they get a hold of you and don’t let go. Don’t go looking for me in the photo I am out of shot.
Day 19 - Jabiru to Tennant Creek





Today we left Jabiru and drove 960km to Tennant Creek. The first 200km was a new road for us but the countryside is similar to what we have been used to in the last week. Lots of short Savanna native trees with some undergrowth. On the way to Tennant Creek we passed the Mataranka Hot Spring Pools and decided we would take the plunge this time. The last time we were here we were running late to get to Katherine and just went to the waters edge for a look. This time we took the plunge. Well have you ever taken a bath where you have gotten the temperature so perfect that you just get in and it is not too hot and not too cold. Well this was that bath minus the bubble bath. The crowds hadn’t arrived yet as it was still mid morning so we enjoyed a dip in the crystal clear water with only a few retired people to deal with. We had about an hour or so to spare but it was so hard to get everyone out of this water. Lunch was here as well. I am glad we stopped as this was a perfect last activity before we get to the cold weather being enjoyed in Melbourne.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb