Carrots and Peas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Kata Tjuta
September 14th 2005
Published: September 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, thanks so much for all your little messages- they are so cute and its great to hear from you all (especially gran- when did you get internet connection?!!!!)

Anyway, flew out from Cairns after a night back at Tropic Days sharing a room with the bronzed torso of Australian Footie soon-to-be celebrity Luke. (slept distractedly...)

The landscape of Australia is just weird, rainforest, then miles of uninhabited desert, then massive white salt lakes, and then great big rock formations sticking up out of no where. When we landed everything was orange and green- everything! (including the sky) (not) (obviously).

The resort was nice in a posh sanitised sort of way. At 4om when out on a tour- was expecting a huge bus and a bloke trying to be funny up the front but actually it was just me, a young female guide and another guy- whose name was Todd (how weird). We went up to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Huge and awe-inspiring but not much to learn- all mythology to do with this place is kept secret by the Aboriginies.

PS sorry I dont have a photo of Luke...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Me at Walpa GorgeMe at Walpa Gorge
Me at Walpa Gorge

Our walk lead us through to this spot


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb