Kakadudle duuuuu


Advertisement
Published: August 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our visit to Kakadu began with a decision to take the Watergate on a 40km long very corregated dirt road to Gunlom(Waterfall Creek). It was well worth the drive to the campground at the edge of a waterhole with a 75m waterfall. We spent 2 days swimming in the water and relaxing before making our way to Cooinda Resort Caravan Park in the centre of Kakadu.
The next morning we boarded the Yellow Water Cruise to go crocodile hunting and we were not disappointed , we saw about 20 crocs including a great performance from FatBoy when he swam across the water in front of the boat and climbed onto the bank , the guide took the boat over to the bank and stopped it right next to FatBoy who is obviously very use to visitors we could have reach out and touched him we were that close.
Today was a 4wd day. We took a great track with watercrossings, corrogation and bumps and lumps that took us to Twin falls and Jim Jim Falls, it was a fun day and the Nissan did a great job
We completed our Kakadu experience with a day trip to the northern tip of the Park on the border to Arnhiem Land and had an icecream at the Border Store. We climbed to the top of the rock at Ubirr to watch the sunset over the wetlands. It was a perfect end to a great visit.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb