Kakadu - Yellow Waters


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a peaceful night at Jabiru we headed for Cooinda to meet up with David Blackmore and go fishing at Yellow Waters.

Our first stop on the way was at Nourlangie to tour the rock art sites. This was a great area to walk around and view several rock art sites. We went to a talk by the ranger at our caravan park last night where she explained the rock art and how they are dated, this was very useful today when we were walking around.

We also stopped in at Anbangbang Billabong, a great spot with water lilly and lots of different bird species to have a look at.

Our last stop for the day was Yellow Water where we took a walk out along the wetlands and checked out where the boys would be fishing this afternoon.

After setting up the camper we headed straight to the pool to cool off. Today was the hottest day we have had and we desperately needed a swim.

The boys ended up having a very sucessful afternoon with 5 barra and 2 tarpon caught - 2 barra were big enough to bring home. David (Blacky) also hooked up a saw fish but it didn't make it to the boat.

We are all heading out again in the morning - Lisa to take photos while the boys try their luck on the fish again. Hopefully we will get some great photos of crocodiles and other water life for tomorrows update.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb