Darwin - Kakadu


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our plan was to leave Darwin on Monday but of course plans change and we decided to stay one more day, unfortunately the caravan park we were in had already booked the site we were on so we decided to go for a drive. We headed off to Mandorah - we were thinking about taking the ferry across from Darwin but ended up driving around. We stopped off at the pier just as the ferry was docking and the day trippers were heading to the pub for lunch. We had a look around the pub and then headed off again.

Heading back toward Darwin we decided to book into another caravan park and head out to Kakadu on Wednesday. Doesn't seem to matter which caravan park you stay in in Darwin you are under the flight path of every plane taking off and landing at Darwin Airport.

Today we packed up early and set off; heading toward Kakadu National Park. Before we could get out of town though we had to make a stop at Reidy's Lure Factory ! David didn't buy anymore lures but did get a enw fishing shirt.

Our next stop was Humpty Doo to make a quick stop at the post office to post Eloise's birthday card! The Wetlands information Centre was a great stop with a fantastic view over the wetlands.

Driving over the Adelaide River we saw our first salt water crocodile in the middle of the river, didn't have the camera out unfortunately.

Our last stop today was at Jabiru where we have booked into a lovely caravan park with a huge pool. We tested the pool out as soon as we had set up the camper and then took a walk down to the Holiday Inn Motel - the motel is built in the shape of a crocodile - to have a look at the gallery of Aboriginal Art on display.

The couple camped next to us are from Albury and Jock is a great fisherman as well so David is catching up on some fishing talk while I am writing our blog and keeping up with the news of the day.

Tomorrow we are off to Yellow Waters to catch up with David Blackmore for some barra fishing. I am hoping for some bushwalking and wildlife photos while the boys are out fishing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb