A week can seem like a year......


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
August 31st 2013
Published: August 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

.....cause so many places, so many faces, so many thoughts and happenings. In the end it's what sticks years later be which gives us pleasure. So we shall see.

Anyhow from Isa we went up the Barkley for something different and ended up at the Heartbreak Hotel/Cape Crawford.

A little leak from under the car got Goff hopping into action and as usual the people outback are ever so helpful and inventive.

So we stayed for a couple of days and enjoyed the live music each night, the rides on the bike, Goff got taken up into the air to view "The Lost City" and found it.

Absolutely great place in the middle of somewhere to nowhere.

We witnessed the hundreds of cars which came through for the Variety bash. Crazy lot.

Then back onto the highway into Katherine for a date with a mechanic but way too expensive.

Swam in the glorious pools around the Mataranka area with Bitter Springs being our favourite despite the name.

Next Litchfield NP. Super nice and getting a tad hot there. Met some nice local folks including an Aboriginal mob. Swam heaps in pools with freshies and made it to Palmerston on the outskirts of Darwin. Taking it slow to get into the city cause we have been bush for a while, so scrubbing up a bit before heading on. Stumbled onto a festival with the Gyuto monks and listened to them chanting and indulged in international cuisine.

This country on the inneries seems to be run on the backbone of Backpackers, Nearly in every little humpty they run the roadhouses or Pubs. Finish, Danish, French, Dutch.

Well we might join them soon to even things out a bit.

Hey it's the end of August. Far out. Here comes Spring.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



8th September 2013
Ah yes we drove through a bushfire

did you start that one Barb ????
Hello, it all looks fantastic wish i was there , esp in the little helicopter !!!! you have got some good pics hi to Goff !!!! xxxx wendy & boys

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb