Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
July 27th 2013
Published: August 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arrived Dwn 24thJune and anchored in Fannie Bay for a few days. The tides were high, so a long Zodi ride into shore each day. Then, we had to sit and wait at the Darwin Sailing Club one afternoon for an hour or so to wait for the tide to go out enough so we could reach Zod. That was a tough afternoon.



We hauled out at Spot On Marine and were out of the water longer than expected due to a few things we found wrong with our Rudder. We knew we had a problem, but took longer to diagnose and fix than expected. We had our leg serviced as we were experiencing occasional transmission problems. Put in 4 new windows (once again, took longer than expected), added a flue and chimney for our new heater, and numerous other jobs. (I can’t remember them offhand, but we were working flat out for 2 weeks straight so must have been lots).



Nobby came down to help and ended up polishing the hull. He brought his daughter Tasma down most times too and she helped antifoul. Good fun working with family!!



After haulout we went into Tipperary waters Marina. A fantastic place with an excellent Lockmaster – Keith. He is what makes the place. Can’t do enough, pleasant and welcoming attitude and an excellent guide into the Lock.



Mum came for a visit on her way both to and from Elcho so had 2 nights with her and Robbie. The first time we had a large get-together at the Wharf with lots of people who used to live at Elcho. The second time we took her out for Thai dinner and caught up with Elcho people now living in Darwin.



Great catching up with family..Nobby and Glenda, Gen and Suzie and Cruize and Kathleen and Alana, Mick. People we haven’t seen in ages. Continued to do more jobs on boat, had furler redone, and installed new jammers just to name a few. Once again, busy every day. Had dinner with Peter and Margaret from Swara II to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary and our 9th 3 days before theirs. Spent some great evenings with them before they left on the Indonesia rally.



2nd State of Origin night we had with Kathleen who was not impressed with the result at all!! Final game we had with Gen and his mates at the place where he and Suzie got married. Once again, a great game and Phil most pleased with the results!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb