Darwin I go go!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
July 11th 2006
Published: July 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

o my!!!!!

i've been in Darwin for two days now and was feeling a bit lost so i decided to get my butt in gear and go to a backpacker job agency... anyways that was two hours ago...!!! - i'm now flying out of Darwin on friday to Mt Borradaile in Arnhemland in the Northern Territory to work at an exclusive safari resort!!! (it costs $3,500 for 3 days!!!) i'm gonna be there for at the least two weeks (or longer if I want). I don't get paid but all my accommodation, food and flight is included and i get to do some of the trips on the days off!!! how cool! Arnhemland is aboriginal owned and a really restricted area, you have to pay loads to go there and not many permits are issued!!! It's got some of the oldest cave art and has some pretty amazing wildlife - some hopefully i'll get a look!

Just off to stock up on suntan cream, bug cream and toothpaste!!! - the nearest shop is over 100km away!!!! and the only way in is by plane!!!! how cool!!!!! (i hope!! - will tell all soon!)

laters x

Advertisement



8th September 2006

Go Chloe - watch out for the stingrays!
Chloe - It sounds like your having a wild time.....may hay while the sun shines. I am too enjoying everyweekend, skiing one w/k, kayaking the next, sailing, caving and hiking...arrhhh bliss! really envy your safari trip...can't wait to hear how you got on! Anyway, back to the normal boozy New Zealand working afternoon...god, life is soo chilled here! James
12th October 2006

Good Time
Janet received your letter thank you very much. Looks like you are having a great time. Pat and myself are going to the Chelsea match on 14th October. Have you tried any sheep sheering yet? The photos in your gallery are really good. Keep on travelling.
24th October 2006

Keep on Travelling.
The swimming underwater looked very impressive. Not sure about the adjacent sharks. Reading lost 4 nil against Arsenal on 22.10.2006, what a disappointment. You are obviously enjoying yourself. Bye for now.

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.2kb