Darwin Wakeboarding...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
March 20th 2010
Published: April 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=hgrESC1_A3o][youtube=9XSM0VoQC_c][youtube=QsUmbWJK83I][youtube=iPXVgpPG4Mw][youtube=e_lSzDUFzLM][youtube=dW04leUVLNQ][youtube=J4lGeMSzVnY]We continued our water sports theme for the holiday by organising a day of wakeboarding with some old school mates at a lake about 90 minutes out of Darwin. After our efforts on the skis and kneeboards on the Murray River, it was time to try our hand at wakeboarding!!

Chris is the proud owner of a beautiful Nautique boat which is primed for wake boarding. The crew included Chris, his girlfriend Jo, Stu, Jeremy and Marissa... along with beer, champagne, and food for the day!

After loading and launching the boat, we spent the day speeding around the lake on either a wakeboard or inflatable tube whilst listening to pumping tunes from the boats sound system.

Our last effort at wakeboarding in England was a non event for Dan as he couldn’t manage to get out of the water during his 15 minutes of allotted time... whilst Nat was a natural getting up the first time... so no pressure! The time to reflect on his failures ensured that Dan got up first time and progressed to jumping by the day end... albeit with plenty of good crashes. Nat continued her form getting up every time and cruising along easily. Chris showed the way with some big air, but also some big crashes... check out the head first photo!!

The other highlight was being towed in the inflatable tube at breakneck speeds with music blaring. It was far scarier than the wakeboarding as Chris didn’t like it when people stayed on for too long... check out some of the great crash videos!!
After a great day of sun and fun on the lake, we retired to Stu’s parents place at another lake only 20 minutes away. We had a great night reflecting on the days events and catching up. In all, an excellent weekend, although we felt the pain for the next few days. Thanks again to Chris... and Stu (well, your parents anyway ).



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

BoatBoat
Boat

Chris's pride and joy
Dan JumpDan Jump
Dan Jump

Getting some air...
Dan WipeoutDan Wipeout
Dan Wipeout

Learning a new sport hurts...
Chris JumpChris Jump
Chris Jump

Getting some good air
Chris's WipeoutChris's Wipeout
Chris's Wipeout

This was bound to happen at some stage...
Weird Skiing ThingWeird Skiing Thing
Weird Skiing Thing

Some other people on the lake showed off some moves on this weird skiing thing...
Refrshments for the driverRefrshments for the driver
Refrshments for the driver

It's only a softdrink :)
RelaxingRelaxing
Relaxing

Enjoying a drink on the boat
BombieBombie
Bombie

Time to cool off...
TubingTubing
Tubing

Jeremy and Stu holding on for dear life... check out the facial expressions!!!
TubingTubing
Tubing

Sheer terror!


Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb