Adelaide River to Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
August 21st 2006
Published: August 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

ArrivalArrivalArrival

Mindle Beach at Sunset
Travelling north from Katherine takes us past the Edith Falls a National Park that we decided we would save for the return trip. We have done this for a few things so as we could keep the adventure going. The trip up to Darwin is long and there is pretty much the one way in and out .

We stayed at Adelaide River for three days and strongly recommend anyone else does too, The camp is green and friendly.
The meals are fantastic as we said earlier and we will be heading back there soon and we will be calling in again. From there we went the full length into Darwin and caught the sunset over the Timor Sea that day, I tell you straight it is the best sunset ive seen in many a day, and we see a lot as we move around !, we see this as the highlight of the days travel.

The first thing that you notice when you hit Darwin is the tropical feel, Its so much like a big town moreso than a capital city, The streets are palm lined and easy to move around. We easily found the Information in the city centre and better still we parked right out the front without a hassle. We love this place the markets the feel the livability of it all, did i mention the walking tracks encompass the whole city and all have sea views as you go around.

Look the truth is as i have said earlier is we are in Darwin and have been so for 4 weeks so i wont even begin to try to put it all in one entry, suffice to say i will put down a weekly entry unless something big happens in the meanwhile.

So having said all of that we will slowly reveal all that Darwin has to offer over a few entries, I go now, 4 to 5 photos only, Less is more.

Yahoo we have caught ourselve up finally.....





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

us on the Mindle Foreshoreus on the Mindle Foreshore
us on the Mindle Foreshore

Happy to be here!!!!
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Going Going Gone


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 18; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb