darwin and them jumpin crocks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
August 26th 2007
Published: November 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Warm weather yay!!!! It was so nice to have the temperature change at last warm days and night feels like im on holiday again. We went to the mindle sunset market which was packed with stalls selling hippie things and there was food everywhere. We took advantage and tried some crocodile, tasted abit like chicken, there was possum on a stick and kangaroo but gave those a miss.

Hannah and i went on a day trip to litchfield national park and to see the jumping crocks, now this was the best bit, you hang a piece of meat over the side of the boat and the crocks jump up right out of the water to get it, very entertaining its syurprising how big they are too!!!

went to a gorgeous waterfall and went for a dip and on the way back stopped off to eat some termites and green tree ants. now if you have watchind im a celebraty get me out of here then this is just what it was like, eating grubs from bushes, the termites were like peppercorns and the green tree any were really nice tasting just like astro belts, they were so nice i went back for seconds..surprising!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



4th November 2007

i'm soo jealous!!!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb