Alice Springs !


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just a short drive today into Alice Springs. After arriving at the tourist information centre and being told what a busy weekend it had been and the number of events on this week we started ringing around to try to get a site at a caravan park. Rhonda managed to find us some space at the Big 4 and its lovely. We made good use of the washing machines and dryers and now have a choice of clean clothes again.

We decided a walk through the market at Todd Mall would waste a bit of time before we could head around to the caravan park and we were thinking we should send Fran a text to let her know we were here when she appeared in front of us ! Was great to catch up with Fran and meet Penny, hopefully we will catch up again on our way back.

The lady at reception recommended the $10 meals at the local tavern so we decided on a night out. We arrived at the Heavitree Tavern with the line up for meals almost to the door, lucky the entertainment had started and we learnt all about snakes from one of the guys from the reptile centre. We could even line up to have the olive python crawl over us but we gave that a miss. We did get a reminder on bandaging snake bites which may come in handy !

After the snake demonstration and tea we were treated to some great country music from a singer who also thought he was a bit of a comedian so it was a great night.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb