Kings Creek Station to Alice Springs


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Alice Springs
October 19th 2007
Published: October 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The next morning we got up early and packed up our swags and then did our optionals. I did the Camel ride. Others did the AVT's. Everyone seemed to enjoy it enough.

After that we headed back to Alice Springs.

We stopped for our group photo at Simpsons Gap. It was our down and dirty photo so we all laid on the ground and stacked on top of each other. It was a slightly painful photo but lots of fun.

We then stopped at Anzac Hill the look out over the entire Alice Springs and also the telegraph station.

Tonight's optional dinner was the blow out dinner. It was really worth it out of the meals you pay for. If you do not do the optional you can still go to the restaurant and order your own food.

The blowout dinner has a few courses but one of them included a tasting plate of Camel, Emu, Kangaroo and Crocodile.

The crocodile was in volovants. It tastes like chicken. But a strong flavour. The aboriginal lady on our Kakadu cruse said wild crocodile has an exotic taste like nothing else but the farmed crocodiles are fed only chicken hence the chicken taste.

Kangaroo was in mushroom sauce and ok. One of meats was not nice at all. It was either the Camel or Emu but we kind of mixed up the meats but people think it was the emu that was bad.

After dinner they pull out wobble boards and we play to Aussie songs like tie me kangaroo down. They make you wobble like to front, above head, under legs etc. After that they did home among the gum trees. There were saddles hanging from beams in the room and you climbed up via a ladder. i think/.. just cause you can.

After that we went back to another club - i cant remember which one. Something like Milankas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0851s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb