Camel to Dinner!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Alice Springs
February 18th 2009
Published: February 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Camel to Dinner! What an amazing experience, never done anything like it before!
You get picked up from your hotel and taken out to the Camel Farm which is about a 20min drive and on arrival are given a safety brief of being around the camels. We then got taken into the yard, where you get lined up and matched to a camel. Everyone, one by one is helped on to their camel (there is 2 people to each camel) and you are taken out along the Todd River for a 1 hour return camel ride before being taken back into the yard and they sit each camel down one by one starting from the front and each person gets off one by one. You then have a chance to look through a museum and gift shop before you are taken down to the restaurant for dinner!
Dinner is of steak or barramundi and sticky date pudding. Before dinner we are given the chance to sample some camel and other native bush foods. All are very yummy..!

I was a little hesitant about eating camel just after I had finished riding one! But i was brave and it was actually quite tasty, just like corned silverside but a little saltier!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb