Where the fuck is Alice ?


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

As promised here is the summary of our 12 days journey from Melbourne to Alice Springs .

Here is a summary of the few facts we discovered in this journey : The story below is not meant for ones with bad heart
1. Australia is huge .
2. The roads never ends .
3. Even in the Autumn, the Australian desert is very hot .
4. Meat (Beef and lamb) are very cheap .
5. Beer is very cheep (If you buy it in 24 packs) .
6. Did we mention that this country is Huge ?

During this lag we drove 3800 KM (During 12 days) and been in some of the most interesting places in this land so here it's starts :

After returning from Tasi we spent 2 extra days at Rafi & Yona . We took a day off during our vacation and went to the Imax to see spider man 3 . It was one of the nicesct days we had - we defiantly needed to relax a bit .

On Thursday we left Melbourne towards the great ocean road . An important note is that we got Upgrade in our car (It's so nice to hear to words - You've been upgraded ...) so we had even bigger camper van (with Toilets and shower) . The Great Ocean Road (Will you the term GOR from now on) was quite disappointing, only a small part of the road is next to the ocean and it has some annoying cities on it .

On the way to Adelaide we stopped at the Grempains national park . We had a great time there, We walked to the pinnacle (which is a terrace that looks at the valley below) and drove through some other sightseeing places which was really great .

From there we continued to Adelaide . Lucky for us when arrived to the city we understood 3 things - There are works for tram in the main street, There was a trucks demonstration (which blocked most of the other streets) and that we are driving with the worst car for this city . Eventually we went to the Caravan park outside the city and used the bus .

On the other day we went to Barrosa Valley , Even though we had some rain it was one of the best days we had . we visited only 2 wineries but on the first the pured 4 full glasses and on the second only 1/4 of a glass but 8 times . We tasted great wines and had a really fun day .

Afterwards we left Adelaide towards Flinders Rangers (which is of course another national park) . We had 2 nice walks there (the second we think, Is the longest on we had so far with steep climb to St. Mary's peak - It was awesome !) . We really needed to stretch the legs before the "Driving safari" to the Rock .

After that we started the long journey to Uluro , We had 1000 Km from the Flinders to there . On the way we stopped at Cobber Peddy which is one of the biggest places where Opal is being dug . The town is basically a huge mine with a few buildings inside . Most of the people live underground, We didn't sleep underground but we had a very nice tour in one of the mines at the night we spent there .

Our next stop was the Rock - Uluro . The rock is a giant stands in the middle of nowhere . It's a sacred place for the aborigines but we think the it's biggest attraction is the colors of it in the sunset . Like all other tourists we stood there and tried to picture it in different time - It was quite boring, but as you can see from the pictures below - it's surroundings where much more interesting . Before the sunset we went to a hike near by at the Olga's . The hike was nice but we has Zillion of flies with us which made it ... An Experience .

That's the story, We arrived today to Alice Springs and we're planning to take a bus to Darwin Tomorrow .

Hope that you all has as much fun as we do .

Alligators here we come !

Chen & Elad


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



27th May 2007

we miss u darlings
dear sis and Elad! we r very happy to read and see u r having such a great time. I was thinking about u on Eitan and Hadas's wedding (i gave them your present), it was so near the Achuza, and I knew u would have a great time as we did. Chen, Hagit must have told u bout her new boyfriend - I hope it is still going on and that it will work out well this time. We have been very busy lately and we r going to Eilat for 4 days next week. Take care' Love Noga and co.
27th May 2007

Hi from windy Florida
Shalom Chamudim, Following you with envy....all we have to look for is another Hurricane season!!!! Aya is graduating first grade this week and we are off to summer vacation, slow time at work for me and camp for Aya. We are hoping that the 2007 hurricane season will be as mild as 2006. Love you and miss you,Zohar, Steven and Aya
27th May 2007

LOVE Y
Wer very happy, as usal, to receive yuor mail. We miss you very much and are counting the days to see Y back. Everything here is quite OK. Y probablly heard the bad nwes about the axcallating relations with owr fucken Gaza nigbours, they keep shooting and killing people in Sderott. From the pictures and from your stories we see how much Y enjoy and love to explore new places and sights. I hope that everything will be OK with our flight to PARIS on june. Hope for nice jurney with NADAV. Thats all for now dear Chen and Elad, love Y, keep writing and updating us and make many many pictures of you.

Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb