Whales and Wavers


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
September 12th 2013
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Humpback WhaleHumpback WhaleHumpback Whale

Very inquisitive we banged on the side of the boat and the Whales would appear.
Geo: -36.9292, 149.875

Remember, David calling the waves at Pambula the wavers.

Frost this morning then nice and sunny for our Whale Watching at 9am.

Arrived at the Merimbulamarina,to catch the Whale Watching Cruise, what a trip, saw heaps of the Humbacks up close and inquisitive. Was not to good at snapping a photo, they would disappear quickly and come up any where around our boat.

The sea legs were not real good, I kept losing my balance. Certainly a day to remember, the monsters we saw were as big as our boat, three years old and weigh 15 tonne, twice as much weight of our boat with 22 people in it. Banging on the side of the boat attracted them to us, a wonderful experience seeing them up close.

We headed back to Merimbula at 11.30am, when we were hammered with hail, and were frozen.

Trevor a message for you, Mick and I walked the pier at Merimbula today. I payed for our trip before Mick could use his seniors card. So far he has had no luck.

We had lunch in Merimbula then came back to the park to do some washing and to relax before going to Nancy's place for tea tonight.

We also
Two of themTwo of themTwo of them

They dived quicker than I could snap
visited John this afternoon.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Merimbula PierMerimbula Pier
Merimbula Pier

Mick walking the pier.
Merimbula LakeMerimbula Lake
Merimbula Lake

Pristine waters with thousands of oyster beds.


12th September 2013

Good to see you on thenpier but with no can in hand.................Mick not your usual self hey !

Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb