New Years Eve


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
December 31st 2015
Published: January 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

New Year's Eve
We woke up about 8:30 did the usual and headed on out to Sydney Olympic Park! We had breakfast there and had a bit of a mooch around! I expected it to be more exciting than it was but never mind! It was interesting to look at the information and see all the peoples names who were involved! I found a Hawtin too! But there were no Ruggs!
We then left the Olympic Park to go to Bicentennial park which is really just a nice green space with ponds, cycle paths and picnic areas etc!
We then headed back into Sydney to collect our tickets for the NYE cruise!
Mr Rugg got a little bit cross with me though, because I have no sense of direction so took him to the wrong place to get them, I took him to wharf 5 circular quay, when it should have been wharf 5 kings street wharf! So after being told the correct place we then went off again to collect them from Darling Harbour/ Kings street!
We arrived back to the hotel and decided it was definitely lunch time so we went to the big south bar for some grub - probably like a witherspoons!
We watched the world go by a bit then headed back to the hotel to get ready for our cruise!
We left the hotel at 5 and caught the train, which is a double decker - very cool! We then walked down into the harbour and had a drink at one of the bars waiting for our boats departure time!
We queued up and were given my feather boa and his flashing sunglasses, boarded the boat and were shown to our seats! At our table we found a sparkly hat each and a flashing champagne glass (which of course we half inched!) we also had our photo taken by the professional photographer which was fun!
We shared a table with 2 older ladies who were friends, Pam and Helen! (Helen had recently lost her husband to leukaemia so was a little upset later in the evening!)
We were immediately served our starters of king prawns, tandoori chicken drumsticks (fancy, they were just like a ball of meat at the end of the bone) and smoked salmon which himself ate! We set sail at about 7 and headed out towards the bridge! We then looped back round and sailed back and forth whilst the buffet dinner was served! We stopped near the bridge for the 'family' fireworks at 9 then sailed around some more! The banks of the river were absolutely jam packed full of people - quite amazing! We had a disco on board the boat so a few people danced, but it would have been a bit better if they'd rammed a few less people in there so the dance floor could be used!
At 11:30 the hubster went to the bar and overheard the staff say that they were only allowing 50 people up onto the upper deck for the fireworks, so we went up there straight away to wait it out!
It was definitely worth it they were spectacular and lasted over 12 minutes! All the boats then blew their horns to signal the end of the show!
We cruised back to the wharf and left the boat for the half hour walk back to the hotel to crash into bed at about 2am



Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb