Byron Bay Weekend


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
May 15th 2005
Published: June 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sunday SunriseSunday SunriseSunday Sunrise

A top sunrise well worth staying up for!
On Thursday night I left home with all my yearly belongings. We (Walsh &Goltzy) stayed at Bec's in Gladstone then Friday morning at sunrise we set of to Byron bay.
We arrived before 2 after a pretty good drive and found the beach house, which was next to a backpackers and a 50m walk to the beach! The rest of the boys from Brissy arrived about 8:30pm (Gormo, ruebs, marty, kounga and moodie), we celebrated their arrival with some drinking games. Then hit the great northern hotel a few drinks and a band, top night!
Saturday morn I hired a board and went for a surf for a few hours, while the boys recovered (nice clean little barrels)!
In the afternoon we went up to the lighthouse and walked down to the most easterly point of Australia. Then sat up at the lighthouse and watched the sunset.
After a few beers and a broncos win we went the great northern again and coco's night club. After a 3am closing and a 3 wheeled, peddle powered taxi ride home we hit the beach. A fire, a guitar, drums, sing along’s, fire twirling and a mixture of nationalities ensured a top time was
The BoysThe BoysThe Boys

The most easterly point of OZ with my BOYS!
had by all.
After watching the sunrise one of our new found friends had a spare board, so we went for an early morning surf! Sunday was sore heads, the dreaded clean up and the drive back to Brissy. I think I speak for us all a really top weekend!
Later Gordo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 105; dbt: 0.2864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb