Hunter Valley Vino


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
March 23rd 2005
Published: March 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

We flew down to Newcastle from Brisbane last night. This place seems to be fairly small as it only had one luggage carrousel in the tiny airport. The main attraction to most backpackers seems to be the surfing. We, however, came for the wine tour which should have been more appropriately labelled booze shopping/the drinking bus. We didn't get the explanation on how wine was made like other places (ie. Okanagan, Niagara-on-the-lake). We did, however, get free samples galore starting off with the semillon (famous in the hunter valley) to shiraz (also famous in the valley) and sweet sweet port. Hmm... most memorable drinks (that I'm certainly not packing home) would have to be a chili liquor which most certainly leaves a fiery aftertaste in your mouth and a slight burning sensation as well as the sparkling shiraz (I suspect that the shiraz was a bit on the funny side so they added some bubbly to mask it...)
That's about it for now. We're headed back to Sydney tomorrow and we'll check out the glass house mountains on friday before flying to Singapore on Saturday.
ciao!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 25; qc: 96; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb