Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
March 30th 2006
Published: May 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sydney 1Sydney 1Sydney 1

my new friend
Sorry about the lack of blogging, but lost my passwerds and login details, so now its all sorted I can update from he last month.
We arrived in Sydney staying a mile or so from town center, in a hotel called the sulivans !!! Its in an area called Paddington, which is a boutiquey area just 2 minutes from the scary Kings Cross neighbourhood.
We managed to do all the major attractions in the first few days, Darling Harbour, The opera house and all around the harbour area.
Tori decided to go do the Opera House tour so I went off for a wander and ended up having a refreshing schooner of Tooheys new in the Jazz cafe...Nice!!!!
The weather was around 28-30 but Australia tends to fluctuate around 10 degrees during the days so the temp goes up and down.
We investigated the Kings cross area and its basically same as londons Kings cross, the streets are haunted by zombie looking alchies and dope fiends, so nothing good to report here, allthough the nightlife is supposed to be good, its also pretty crazy so we gave it a miss.
We jumped on a bus to Bondi, which thanks to sydney
opera house nightopera house nightopera house night

opera house at night
public transport, was a doddle and took about 30 minutes hasstle free on the bus dropping us right at the beach.
The waves were pretty gnarly and after about 40 minutes trying, I gave up battling with them and decided a nice swim wasnt going to happen without risking my life or probably being rescued by a blonde curly haired muscle on legs.
There was hardly anyone on Bondi so it was quite a good day just relaxing.
We also checked out manly beach via the ferry from darling harbour, it was a corking day and the boat journey was really worth it, taking in the sights of the opera house and all the harbour area from the water, highly recommended.
After 3 days at the Sulivans Hotel we checked into the pension hotel which was cheaper allthough just as good/clean and pretty much in the center of Sydney on George street, this was ideal location to be right in amongst it, but really noisey and pretty crazy at the weekends, but thats what we wanted.
After 3 days there, it was time to get a hire a car and start our road trip up the coast !!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

blu mountainsblu mountains
blu mountains

Living on the edge


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb