Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
April 9th 2006
Published: May 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tori at NimbinTori at NimbinTori at Nimbin

Freakiest place on earth!!!
After travelling up the coast from Sydney - newscastle - port Macquarie - kempsey - coffs harbour we arrived at Byron Bay which was a well needed 7 day break. Byron is a small backpackers hub, full of internet cafes and excursion agents mixed with wealthyish/arty people and small boutiques that are all struggling to take over the place, so it has a air of anti tourist verses hippy type people along with local surfers trying to look cool.
We really liked here, lots of nice beaches to waste the afternoons and lots of places to eat/drink.
The week we got here was the build up to the yearly blues festival, so the streets were lined with musicians/buskers which was cool.
We took an excursion into the rain forest to see some wildlfe and waterfalls, which was very successful after spotting wild Koala, swamp wallaby (swampers to the locals), Rozallas and a massive monitor lizard about 2 ft long stompin around.
After that we went for lunch in a small hippie village called Nimbin, probably the strangest place in the world !!!!
Witch type woman sneaking around, asking if we wanted to buy " some nice soft hash fudge or cookies",
NimbinNimbinNimbin

Look out, theres a freak about?
then we went into the nimbin museum only to find it was the local pushers hangout, and when we entered one room, we were offered any type of grass/weed we wanted, and by the looks of the guy spralled out on the floor looking at the stars, it was probably some far out Sh*&!!!!
Apart from that, 2 cafes, a bar and some souvenier shops, thats all nimbin had to offer, but ill certainly never forget, the freakiest place on earth !!!!
Byron has lots to do and see so we really enjoyed our week there.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Nimbin BusNimbin Bus
Nimbin Bus

The happy bus


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb