East Coast to Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
February 3rd 2009
Published: February 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi all, its been a while since i was in touch and i apologise for that - i'm too busy trying to perfect my surfing technique!! I'm in Sydney at the moment and its a rocking place. I eventually got here last Friday after a long, very long overnight bus from Byron Bay. I left Byron at 8.55pm on Thursday and arrived into Sydeny at 1pm on Friday. We were stuck at the roadside for 2 hours as another Greyhound bus had broken down and they all had to cram onto the bus we were travelling on.

Anyhow Sydney is a really nice place. I'm staying in Bondi (east side) about 5 minutes walk from Bondi Beach with a friend of mine. When i arrived here I went for a quick swim at beach in Bondi and then we headed into town to go to the open air cinema. It was so impressive and a great way to spend my first night here. The screen was basically in the harbour and behind it we had fabulous views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. The movie wasn't bad either, Burn After Reading by the Coen brothers.

On Saturday we got up pretty early and did a pretty good tour of Sydney with Ray. We visited most of the major sites - Circular Quay, the Rocks, Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Botanic Gardens and Hyde Park. We headed out on Saturday night to rugby club where some of guys play first, then on to Bondi and ended up in Kings Cross until late. Needless to say i didn't get up to much the next day - just relaxed and spent some time at Bondi Beach. Oh yeah watched the Australia Open tennis final on Sunday night - what a match too!! Rafa is king for now! I went out to Manly on the ferry yesterday (North Sydney). Some really nice beaches and good surf up there. Tomorrow i've a day trip booked to the Blue Mountains so should be fun. Going to do some hiking up there and a train ride is also included.

Well i guess i go back a bit now. After i left Noosa i headed south to Brisbane and arrived there Monday 19th. I did a walking tour around seeing some of the sights - Anzac Square, Botanical Gardens, City Hall, Museum of Brisbane etc. There are no natural beachs in Brisbane but on the south bank there's a man made beach that is pretty busy. Its really nice along the river and i cruised on the City Cat with a day pass valid all day. I had a lovely view of all the skyskrapers lit up at night. From Brisbane i took a day trip to the Australian Zoo made famous by Steve Irwin. His wife Terri and two children Bindi and Robert, present the crocodile show there. Brisbane is a pretty nice city but it was really humid when i was there.

I left Brisbane for Byron Bay and arrived there on Friday 23rd. I had a wonderful 6 nights here and met some really cool people. Byron is a great little place - lovley beaches, great surfing, relaxed vibe and lots of people up for a good time! I spent most of my time here surfing and really enjoyed it. Stayed in Holiday Village and everyone here was so friendly with lots of fun at night!! Well dudes hope all is well wherever ya all are!!
Keep it real

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb