PUB with No Beer, Taylors Arm, NSW


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
January 1st 2009
Published: January 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

To end 2008 we spent New Years Eve at the delightful rural location called Taylors Arm where John had a gig at the PUB WITH NO BEER- but there was lots and lots of beer! It's south of Coffs Harbour, about 30 kilometers west of Macksville, a very pretty scenic drive from the pacific highway with countryside similar to the lowlands of Scotland.
After a very hot bright day, the cool evening proved to be a pleasant relief and the event was perfect, the band played outside undercover though it would have been useful if the publican had mown the grass beforehand for dancing! Spending New Years Eve dancing under under the stars was just fabulous.
This pub has lots of character and rustic charm and so do some of the locals, as the clock moved closer to 2009 it got more like the wild west. We were offered dorm style accommodation at the pub which is really, really cheap- $15 pp per night including breakfast, cereal and toast. We didn't have to pay as this was included in the gig contract.
The pub is also home to the former chapel which is now a beer museum.

All the best for 2009

Stephanie and John




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



1st January 2009

Happy New Year
Well it looks lovely. We spent ours huddled with friends during the freeze. I'm sure you don't miss that.xx
2nd January 2009

New Year's Eve
Hi, sounds like a good night - hope Steph's dancing has improved. We gate crashed a private party at the Royal Oak (a proper pub) where we met Dave White dressed as a cowboy (Claire was on holiday in Lanzarote) and suffered memory loss after 2 pints of scrumpy (a proper drink). Must have a talk soon! Love Mike and Amanda.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb