byron bay, murwillumbah, surfers


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
December 22nd 2008
Published: December 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

when i arrived in byron bay it was pretty late so i walked to my hostel and got settled in. i met a girl from vancouver who was in my room. i walked around a little bit and then went to bed. thursday i woke up and walked around all the stores and walked around the beach. afterwards i went to the pool with one of the girls from the room. i met some of the girls in my room, 2 sisters named jess and chloe. that night me jess chloe and another girl had some drinks and then went out to a famous bar there called cheeky monkeys. cheeky monkeys was very busy because of schoolies week. it is a week for students that just graduated. most of them are 18 and the legal age for drinking and byron bay is the place to go. me jess chloe and the other girl went to the railway friendly bar. on friday jess and chloe went to nimbin to stay in a teepee. nimbin is all hippys, more so then byron bay. friday i went for a walk to the light house and to the beach, later on i went out with a cuple of girls in my room to cheeky monkeys and it was crazy bring that it was the last night of schoolies week. saturday i went to the stores and to the beach and that night went out with the girl from vancouver and some other guys. it turns out that she knew a girl that i had graduated with, andrea mah. sunday i took the bus to murwillumbah. i arrived in murwillumbah at dinner time and there were only 4 people in the hostel. while i made dinner i met 3 guys from norway. we watched o brother where art though and eat free ice cream at nine oclock. monday i woke up and everyone had checked out and just when i thought i was going to be alone jess and chloe showed up. they got stuck in nimbin for 3 extra nights because it was a weekend and there were no buses coming out of nimbin until the monday. we walked around town which was very small. we got some groceries and then went back to the hostel and sat by the river which our hostel is on. later we had a bbq and we had kangaroo, shrimp, and burgers. we put the shrimp on the barbie and tried the roo, it was very tough and strong tasting i did not like it. two guys arrived, one was from canada and the other was from england. we played monopoly and had our free ice cream at 9 oclock. tuesday me jess and chloe rented a car to see mount warning, a 15 min drive to the place where the sun first hits australia. we got a really old stationwagon and i drove the car around for 2 hours trying to find mount warning, i got really good at driving but we never found mount warning. that same day i caught the bus to surfers paradise. when i arrived in surfers i walked to my hostel, booked in and walked around. watched a movie at the backpackers bar and went to bed. wed i went to the beach which is beautiful, its a straight beach as far as the eye can see in both directions. i walked around the city whch is mostly shops its like downtown vancouver but only 2 huge city blocks long. that night i did a club crawl where you go around to 3 different clubs with the different hostels. you get free entry and a free drink at the 3 clubs. while waiting to go i met 3 girls and a guy from england. i hung out with them for the night. the following day i went to the beach and walked around with them. it started to get stormy so me and one of the girls lily went back to the hostels pool and got ready to go out. each night at the hostel is was a different club night where you get in free to the club and get a free drink. we went to one from the night before, cocktails and drinks. friday i rested because i felt a cold coming on and it was very rainy out. that night i went out with my new friends from england to a club called the bedroom. that was the free club on this nigth. saturday i layed around by the pool while waiting for my bus to go to brisbane, all the partying caught up with me and i was pretty hung over.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb