Australia (six)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
May 4th 2007
Published: July 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello one and all,
well since i last emailed the clouds have dispersed and its been sun sun sun!! and about time too!! I hear the weathers been nice back home so I hope you've enjoyed looking at it from your office window :p btw I've been on the beach! hehe

anyway when I last emailed I was in Coffs harbour, we spend and other day on the beach there as the sun had come out and had a really nice day on the beach relaxing and swimming. The next morning we headed to the super market and bought some bacon and them we went and cooked it up on the barby!! Best brekky we've had in a while!! pure greasy goodness!! We then jumped in the car and headed to the Bunjalung which is amazing!! Our first port of call was near Iluka and we spend a really nice afternoon on Bluff beach, The beach was probably about a mile or two long and must have had five or six other people on it. It was really stunning! I went for a walk along it and over the headland rocks onto the next beach which had no one on it, except a few fishermen on the headlands! Cam went for a run along the same stretch I had walked along and we bumped into each other on the way but when we saw each other again she said there had been some kangaroos on the beach and I missed them by a few moments!! John and I then headed off for a walk through the sub-tropical rain forest, which was really nice.

The next morning we drove to the northern part of the national park which and we spend the day and night there. We put up the tent for the first time and I slept in there which was nice to have some space!! The beach was gorgeous and very long - it is called 10 mile beach but seemed longer. I went for a 2 1/2 walk a long it and it just kept going and going, really beautiful! We then climbed up the dunes and watched the sun set over the forest.

The next morning I got up and went for a short walk and saw a wild emu which was cool and also a really nice lagoon we then had some breakfast before heading off to Byron Bay - on the way we saw the big prawn, yes it was as rubbish as the big banana! Byron bay is beautiful and has yet more beaches!! really nice!! The first day we explored the place a little and had some a few drinks in the afternoon and saw a replay of the previous nights champions league match which was like live because we didn't know the score!! Then we cooked some dinner and played a few cards by moonlight on the beach.

Yesterday we went to another beach (surprise surprise), this was another protected one and was beautiful, but the wind got quite strong so we headed off to town and ended up sitting in a park behind the beach and enjoying sun there away from the sand storm. We then went and had ice cream before heading up to the lighthouse to watch the sun set, it also has the most easterly point of the Australian main land there! We then went and stayed in a hostel... very nice to have a warm shower, We then went to eat out and had some nice pizza and then a few drinks. We then spend the morning on main beach and I'm about to go there now and enjoy the rest of the afternoon sun!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb