DROP BEARS


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
September 2nd 2005
Published: September 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Drop bears, in the Blue Mountains, what the??????!!!!!

Okay, so how many people know about Drop Bears?? Why on earth didn't you tell me then!!!!!!

We started out on our trip and i do vaugely remember someone once talking about drop bears years ago, i wish i had of remembered the story now.

Nick and Michael seated in the back started talking about drop bears, of course i was very interested as i was dying to see some real Aussie mountain animals or something at least almost wild.

On they went, advising me on what to look for, how to spot them and then manage to get far enough away from them to observe. Even Anne-Marie had a few tips.

I was so excited, i spent hours and hours over the weekend looking in trees, up the side of the mountains, all over, looking for these amazing animals.

By the Saturday evening i was starting to wonder if they were having me on, i pulled Nick aside and asked him, thinking at least he'd tell me the truth. He admitted that Michael was having me on a little, that there was no way a drop bear would be in an air conditioning unit nor near the hotel. So i went back to believing, i mean i even had the hands over your head, drop bear roll mastered, just in case!

So back out to the mountains to look for these mysterious creatures. I should have clicked a little when we walked down to the three sisters as i mentioned the word and two guys walking the other way, giggle at me.

I was gutted to have to head home on Sunday afternoon with no photos and no sitings of drop bears.

When i dropped off the rental car, the young guy and i got talking, he asked how the weekend had been and i told him a few of our adventures, saying to him how gutted i was that i had spent 2 days in the mountains and hadn't managed to spot a drop bear.

I realised very quickly as the roars of laughter went throughout their office that i had been conned!!!





Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb