The Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
September 2nd 2005
Published: September 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Nick & Michael at the OvalNick & Michael at the OvalNick & Michael at the Oval

I loved this place, in the middle of no where, a cricket oval!!!
Well Michael, Anne-Marie, Nick and myself took off for a weekend in the Blue Mountains.

Marcus (ex Crowne Plaza) is running the Holiday Inn out in Penrith and did us a great deal on accommodation. Pity we picked a weekend that he was out of town so i didn't get to catch up with him or Debs.

Arriving later than expected (and no i didn't get lost!) we had a quiet night in the bar. Well as quiet as the four of us could be. After a few cocktails, beers, spirits and a train wreck or two thrown in, i headed in for a reasonably early night.

Anne-marie managed to get an eye infection on the Saturday so didn't come up to the mountains. I managed to somehow get myself off the beaten track a little and got slightly lost (only slightly as we could see the main highway, just couldn't get to it) but we found this awesome spot. I wasn't sure what it was when we stopped but on closer view it was an old cricket oval. What a fantastic place to have an oval, you feel like you are on top of the world up
Me & NickMe & NickMe & Nick

Wentworth Falls
there.

Firstly we went to Wentworth Falls, I can't explain how breathtaking it was to walk out on the first platform and see the view.

Saturday night we watched the AB's v Wallabies at the Panthers Club, was surprised they showed a union game but there were a fair amount of kiwi supporters there.

Sunday wasn't the best of days, in fact you could hardly see through the cloud, made for an interesting view. You felt like you'd come to the end of the earth. Michael decided he was going to do a four hour walk (he walked it in one hour, fit little thing that he is) so the rest of us not so keen day trippers went to a great cafe and had breakfast.

Anne-marie was feeling a bit better today and came up with us, i was a bit disappointed for her as the weather was so much better on the Saturday. But she's a bit like me and although you couldn't see as much, it was sensational being up amongst and sometime higher than the clouds.

We then drove down to the three sisters and just as we walked onto the
Me & MichaelMe & MichaelMe & Michael

Wentworth Falls
platform the clouds lifted. Nick and Mike did the 900 step walk, nuts is what i call them!!! Stupid lads didn't think about it being 900 down and 900 back up!! So AM and myself went for a short walk then dried off in the car and listened to music, a much better option i think!

At the end of the weekend i had quickly decided that i need to come back and spend a decent amount of time looking around. Two days is not long enough!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

MichaelMichael
Michael

On the wrong side of the barrier!! So typical of adventures with Michael.
Day TwoDay Two
Day Two

The weather had set in!!!
MeMe
Me

The only wombat i've seen so far!!!
Anne-MarieAnne-Marie
Anne-Marie

And she hates birds of the flying sort!!
900 down & 900 back up900 down & 900 back up
900 down & 900 back up

and yes, they were both very quiet on the drive home


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb