Day 6


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
December 6th 2018
Published: December 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Another early start. As I was wandering around town looking for coffee I had a chat to one of the locals with a huge friendly dog. He’d retired in Morgan and why wouldn’t you! He directed me to the Road House. The roadhouse was manned by a sullen red headed 16 year old who was enjoying every moment of the job. I was having trouble looking over the counter but I’m pretty sure black tights were involved. There were numerous small children in school uniform running around. Now it seemed unlikely that she was the mother but you never know in regional SA.
Because I was a tourist and carrying 3 coffees she made sure they were so hot it was almost impossible to carry them.
Back at the caravan park great progress had been made. Mike and Wilko had headed back to the Road House for a cooked brekkie. Finally we headed off.
Another big day on the water 220ks. Leigh had given us a few tips. Beer at the Swan Reach Hotel which was great sitting over the river and afforded an opportunity to video how much pain Wilko is in getting on and off the boat (unfortunately I couldn’t upload it.).
Great beer at the hotel and a bit of cricket and then off again. We stopped for lunch at a boat ramp and park. These South Australian boaties get it good. The boat ramp has a great tie up pontoon, picnic area and a wash down zone with water. All in a state with no fishing licence fees. In Sydney they charge you rego for your boat, rego for your trailer and fishing licence fees and give you the worst boat ramps in the country. Talk about redistribution of income.
We successfully find the boat ramp where we’ve left the cars and they are still there. I had called Dale at the Wellington Hotel to see if they would cook our steaks. They said no but I thought I’d have another crack. I told Dale they could cook our steaks (and we’d pay), drink their wine and beer or we could go to the picnic area cook our steaks and drink our wine and beer. Dale (whose a thinker) said we could borrow his barbie. Perfect. BBQ on the river, drink our own wine and beer and Dale is 20 smackeroos richer.
After dinner we headed to the pub and had a drink with couple of locals the bloke had just been discharged from the army and bought two drinks for himself every round. The girl worked at the abattoir. Enough said!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.403s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb