Last day in Sydney part 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
October 13th 2017
Published: October 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your coments. I guess it's ok for me to continue with this blog?.Well, we decided to make the most of our last day in Sydney so we headed for the Sydney Tower where we booked in for a skywalk. I must say the boiler suits we had to put on were the most unattractive things to wear. Mine was so big I had to roll up sleeves and legs. Anyway it was something we had to do before going on this slightly risky experience. It was all fine and dandy until we got to the last bit on the disclaimer form which asked for today's date. Only then did we realise it was Friday 13 th. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. The skywalk required us to go almost to the top of the tower and then step into the open air platform harnessed to a rail for safety. This was to stop us falling over the side however within minutes we were asked to pose for photos one of which I had to pretend to push Pat over the edge. Ironic really but fun! Next we had to stand on a see through platform which enabled you to look down 300 metres below to the ground and we had to jump( up and down) not over the edge for another photo. It was all great fun and the views were spectacular. luckily it was toughened glass.

After a bite to eat we made our way to the Botanical gardens. The weather was lovely so we stayed a fair while. There was a plant which aswell as looking rather strange and beautiful was also supposed to smell of rotting flesh. As a podiatrist I can say it did a little. I have included a photo of this plant. There were many opportunities to take photos of the Ibis which it seems is a bit of a pest to the Ausies. It is not afraid of humans especially those with food on offer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb