Sydney day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
October 12th 2017
Published: October 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Well what a difference a day makes. Woke up to clear sky's and had a day of sunshine. Exactly how it's supposed to be. Sydney is completely different today. We strolled down to the harbour taking our time as we are still quite tired. Saw the bridge and Opera house. Both very impressive. Then we made our way to the Rocks which is a delightful area with artisan shops and a quirky little cafe where you can sit and eat and drink and knit! Yes that's correct knit. Each table has a basket with wool and needles for anyone who so desires to do a bit of knitting. So, I couldn't resist. I Thought the Ausies should see how good us limeys are ha ha!

Next we boarded a boat and went on a harbour tour. It was lovely as it wasn't too crowded and we were able to get a few photos without people In the way. We decided to go for a stroll when we got off the boat and made our way round to see a peculiar set of rather large rugby figures which are illuminated at night.

Evening consisted of more photo taking of the bridge and Opera house at night with lights on. Then a tasty meal at one of the harbour side restaurants. Food was good but sitting outside was a bit chilly so we managed to move under an outdoor heater. Much better. I've included a few photos of our day today and a couple I missed from other days. In case you are wondering about the one with a load of gold balls hanging from the ceiling,they were at Singapore airport. They had been electronically programmed to move in all sorts of different patterns. We thought they were stunningly beautiful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



13th October 2017

Gooday
Loving the knitting cafe and Sydney looks amazing. Safe travels and love to you both xx
13th October 2017

Sydney
Lovely photos, bringing back lots of memories! We loved the Rocks area but Steven didn’t do any knitting! Also looks like you went into the Botanical Gardens- the Aussies call them the lungs of the city, which is very apt. We loved the juxtaposition of city on one side and sea on the other. Keep sending the photos! xx

Tot: 0.32s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb